On Display: Documentation in Full-Day Kindergarten

I recently found an article entitled, "Documentation in Full-Day Kindergarten" during my Kindergarten AQ course.  I thought that it might be beneficial to share it with all of you!  The article explores what documentation looks like in FDK and how it supports exemplary assessment and evaluation practices.




Please let me know your thoughts!

Share your thoughts :

  1. Hi Joanne!
    Thanks for sharing such a great article! I look forward to reading it. As part of the Learning@School collaborative FDK hub session, Angie, her DECE Carmela, Heidi and I have been inquiring around the difference between "documentation" and "assessment" - would love to know you thoughts! It's been interesting unpacking the two terms since both are used quite interchangeably in various articles and resources...any insights would be greatly appreciated to support our professional learning.
    Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for always being so transparent with your program!
    Warmest regards,
    Jocelyn

    www.ljpskindergartenteam@blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne.
    I had seen a copy of this article over the holidays but am now reminded to read and evaluate it.
    There are many good pieces to draw upon.
    It is so important to have family involvement in the documentation process and learning for the children. As the school I am teaching in has a very high percentage of ELL students, using my blog and twitter help to create that communication between the families and school. With the twitter pictures, the parents are able to talk about (in their home language) some of the happenings during our day.
    My personal goal is to have the parents/students provide more comments back to our inquiries and play learning.
    Thanks again for sharing such a powerful resource.
    Best regards,
    Kim

    www.kimclarkkinderkritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis