Impressed

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Reggio Study Session

York University


I am incredibly impressed by the wealth of knowledge that was present within our Reggio Study Session today at York University.  The discussions were rich, and I learned so much about documentation through all of the participants.  Quite honestly, it is one of my most favourite professional development opportunities, and we're fortunate enough to have one once per month.  Thank you to Carol Anne Wien for hosting the event, and to all who attended.  Although I always leave feeling like I still have a lot to learn and improve upon, I do so filled with inspiration!  

Below you will find some documentation of today's session.  I have not included each group photo, as I only asked my group permission to post it onto the blog.  I will email the the remaining photos.



I'd like to end off with a special quote that I was reminded of today from The Hundred Languages of Children: The Reggio Emilia Approach text:

"Destiny must have wanted me to be a part of an extraordinary event." 
                                                                    
                                        Loris Malaguzzi, founder of the program in Reggio Emilia



2 comments:

  1. found your blog through pintrest. middle school english teacher/literacy coach. my sister is a pre-k teacher and i will definitely be sharing this site with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm happy that you found us! :)

    ReplyDelete