Thankful to be learning from our students each day.

After our nature walk, the students brought some leaves that they had collected into the classroom.  Those leaves were first placed onto the light table, but only for a short time, as the students wanted to take them home to show their parents.  We knew that the interest in the fall leaves was strong, so we asked our teacher candidate (Ms. Marshall) to add some into our sensory exploration table.

We wanted to do something with the leaves. One student suggested that we draw the leaves, while another mentioned that we could make a leaf bouquet in our empty vase. I wondered how this might be done, and was open to the idea.  Placing all of the leaves into the vase on their own was one option.  We walked around to see what other materials we might use and noticed some sticks in our building area.  The three girls said that we could glue the leaves onto the sticks, so I brought out my hot glue gun to support them.











Who would have thought 
that our fall bouquet would 
bring us a new ladybug friend?


Inspiring Quote:

"Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, 
I think, is still the secret of great 
creative people" -Leo Burnett

Share your thoughts :

  1. I really enjoy your blog and I really enjoy seeing what the children are doing. I really appreciate how you encourage the children to come up with their own ideas and give them the tools to bring them to life. P.S. I love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis