A champagne birthday celebration!





Today the blog turns four years old on the fourth of the month, making this its champagne birthday!  

To help celebrate I ordered special sweets for the occasion from Yumi's Dozen, a talented child baker with her very own company!  If you are looking for some delicious cupcakes or cookies, then she is your girl!





Sweet Ruby loves to sing, so she sang Happy Birthday to the blog!


Since school hasn't started yet, I thought that I would share with you the new home of my blog.  I have transformed a bedroom in our home to a creative studio office space.  My motivation came from a few places...  Firstly, I knew that if I wanted to feel inspired to blog, study, research, and innovate others, that I would need an environment that is beautiful and stimulating.  Secondly, TransformEd Consulting Services has become a real company and having a room to conduct meetings, stay organized, and plan new learning opportunities would be equally beneficial.  Finally, and most importantly, I wanted a flexible environment for myself, other adults, and children to be creative within.  I am excited to someday welcome my own little one into this magical place!

Before I provide you with a photo tour, I think it is important to note that I have been collecting materials for many years...  It has been ten years (yes 10!) since I became a teacher, but I knew way before that this would be my vocation!  I started to slowly collect art/educational resources from as early as high school.  When I began teachers college in 2005, I couldn't help but splurge at art stores, dollar stores, book sales, etc., and this has been a steady trend... It feels like yesterday that I setup my first classroom and my hubby helped me to decorate it for Halloween.  I remember the staff saying you already have so much stuff for a new teacher! Well I was, am, and will always be a collector of colourful things!  

Now that I have my own studio space I see how true this is, because I do not think that I could possibly squeeze anything else inside!  It is quite literally bursting with colour!!!  My years of collecting have definitely paid off, and soon my own children will enjoy the tiny wooden table where they can create their little hearts out!

I hope that you enjoy your first official visit to the TransformEd Creative Studio.  It truly was a labour of love and epitomizes the notion of transforming a learning environment into a space of possibilities!!! 


























A special note of thanks to my patient husband, Arsenios Vergis, who painted my creative office studio the perfect canvas white and built all of the ikea furniture!  

I would also like to extend my gratitude to all of the educators, parents, and students who have been following the blog over the last four years!  It has been an incredible ride and is just about to get even more exciting!!! 





The world is but a canvas

to the imagination.

                                                        -Henry David Thoreau


Share your thoughts :

  1. Joanne what a fabulous space which truly reflects your vision. Wishing you all the best as you continue to inspire and spark the journeys of so many educators and families. I would love to spend time in this space it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. environmental chamber

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis