When you love what you do and have a sincere passion for it, I believe that your work then becomes more like an art. For this reason, I see all human beings who are specializing in their chosen area as artists. What's that saying by Pablo Picasso? "All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once [they] grow up."
For this reason, I would like to invite all "artists" from any field/occupation to bring their unique skill-set and inspire the educators at my Niagara Region workshop on Saturday, January 21st. I am reaching out to my blog community, which means that it's not limited to educators. Parents or relatives are also included in my request!
If you are interested, or know of someone else who might be in joining me for this 100 Languages session (described in detail within my last post), you are most welcome to create an atelier space! Perhaps you are at a stage where you would like to share you knowledge with others or simply are looking for a networking opportunity! Either way, we would love to learn from and with you!
Here is some more information to help you with the decision:
- Location-St. Catharines Museum (Lockwood Rm), 1932 Welland Canals Parkway, St. Catharines.
- The 2 hour studio exploration time is from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (you may setup half hour before as I am presenting)
- Bring your special talents to share with a group of educators (e.g., wire sculpture, pottery, photography, science experiments, painting, drawing, animations, calligraphy, stained glass, light and shadow, dramatic play, video/film, music, dance, architecture/building/loose parts, graphic design, creative writing/poetry, cooking/baking, weaving, yoga/mindfulness, flower arrangements, nature, beading/jewelry, print making, paper crafting, engineering, knitting/crocheting/needlepoint, sewing/fashion, woodworking, interior design, eco art, diy creations, etc.)
- You will be given an area (table or floor) to arrange your materials and the participants will freely flow among the spaces created.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or have any questions.
Thank you in advance for considering to share you special gifts and inspire others in the very important field of early childhood education! What you will offer on that single day in January could very well help engage 100's of children in 100's of new ways!
Joanne Marie Babalis
The creative adult
is the child that survived.
-Ursula K. Le Guin