The Reggio Emilia philosophy and why I keep going back to learn in Italy!




I have been on a Reggio Emilia inspired journey for almost 10 years now, ever since I began my MEd!  Where has the time gone?  Now with my PhD underway, three study tours in Italy where I learned firsthand from the schools in Reggio Emilia, and countless hours reading and applying theory to practice in my Kindergarten classroom or studio space I still have so many unanswered questions!!!

My blog took a shift for a little while, with some more personal posts about the birth of my two small children.  I am now going to revert back to using it as an educational resource for those in the field or families interested in early childhood education.  

In one week, I embark on my fourth trip to Reggio Emilia, Italy, to continue my studies and can hardly wait to see what I will uncover!





I recognize that it's only been one year since my last study tour and intense training, however, I feel that I am at a point in my research and daily work in The TransformEd Creative Studio and Learning Centre where I really need to go deeper...  Especially with regards to family engagement, infant/toddler learning, children with special rights (exceptionalities), planning for an emergent curriculum, use of technology/social media, and pedagogical documentation. 

Yesterday in the Kindergarten course that I teach educators at York University, I hosted an evening of guest speakers with several voices from the field.  We had the Reggio Emilia, Waldorf and Montessori approaches represented and it was truly an inspiring night of learning! 

As I shared about my passion for the Italian approach, I realized that there is a lot that I want to contribute to this discussion.  My goal is to continue to offer educational workshops and present at conferences to spread important messages about early childhood.

This blog platform, will be a great space for sharing ideas and I am grateful to have found an audience.  With over 3 million views, and so much more to say, I have no choice but to keep going!!! 



Never

give


up 


on



dream

just because of the time 

it will take to accomplish it.


-Author unknown

Share your thoughts :

  1. Our Computer Expert team are experts in computer network services, so you can count on us to provide all the support and service you need for your business. When technology breaks down and issues continue to affect communication, operations, sales activity, and accounting systems call us we can help.
    IT Services in Surrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis