Happy Holidays


The Holidays are a time to spend with family and friends, and as such I took a few days off from blogging to enjoy my Christmas.  For those who celebrate, I hope that it was the merriest yet!

I wanted this post to be festive and recount some of the experiences the students and my family shared with me.  Below you will see the snowy weather we enjoyed on our last day of school, Greek sugar cookies called "kourambiethes" that I made with my mom, Santa strawberries, and an array of holiday decor from my home.  I even included a photo of my brother and I from Christmas when I was the same age as our students.  

In addition to this, you will see a drawing of a dog that I made as a holiday gift for my brother.  This was our beloved dog Hercules.  I love gift giving and finding the right gift for those who I care most about.  Sometimes we spend more money than time on our gifts, so this year I decided to pair each gift with a homemade sketch and frame for everyone in my family.  

Our students also made homemade gifts.  They created candy cane rabbits.  We loved how unique they all turned out!

As a gift to our class, Mrs. Ham and I chose to purchase three rabbit books and a stuffed animal rabbit to encourage literacy and dramatic play experiences.  Finally, we would like to thank C.H. for his lovely rabbit gift!

"May beautiful moments and happy memories (continue to) surround you with joy" this holiday season.          
                                                                                        -unknown author


Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night!

Please note that we also learned about other celebrations during the month of December and wish our families who celebrated, a Happy Chanukah and Happy Kwanzaa.

Share your thoughts :

@joannebabalis