On Display: Canada Blooms Show


It is officially Spring, even though it may not necessarily feel that way outside... This, however, is not the case inside the Direct Energy Centre Downtown Toronto where Spring is very much a reality at the Canada Blooms show.  How wonderful to be surrounded by such delicate and beautiful blossoms, flowers, trees, and plants!  All that was missing was some sunshine and the sound of birds chirping their lovely melodies... Okay and maybe a summer dress with sandals... Is that too much to ask for?



All of this aside, the purpose of my visit was to see an outdoor learning area created by Bienenstock Natural Playgrounds.  Bienenstock is a company that our school is working with to transform our outdoor Kindergarten schoolyard.  I thought that this "On Display" post would be a nice opportunity for me to share the inspiring spaces that they create by featuring the photos I captured during the Canada Blooms Show.  Enjoy!

















To learn more please visit their official website:


Please note that I asked the CEO and Founder Adam Bienenstock for permission to post these photographs onto the blog to share with all of you.


Share your thoughts :

  1. This can be a fantastic read for me personally, Must admit that you're one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thank you for writing this informative article.educational supplies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne,
    Thank you for sharing such beauty and possibilities for outdoor learning spaces for children.
    Your regular and consistent blog postings/documentation are important sources of professional learning for us all.
    Continue to do what you are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlina!!

      I learn a lot from your school's blog posts too!

      I'm happy that this has become an online forum for professional learning.

      ~Joanne

      P.S. Did your school work with this company for your outdoor yard? I noticed that the bench they featured was similar to the one you had at the back of your school.

      Delete
    2. Hi Joanne,
      Thanks for following us. I am truly enjoying the power social media offers for professional and personal growth and development. The idea that social media allows us to extend beyond our four walls on a daily basis, offering us endless opportunities for learning, engaging and collaborating, excites me.
      A few years ago we did work with Adam and his team to arrange and install a few of their pieces into our play area. Since then we have slowly and thoughtfully been adding pieces to our outdoor learning spaces. It is a start and we know that there is so much more that we can offer the children, even on a smaller scale.

      Delete
    3. It excites me too!! In fact, if you want to, you can learn round the clock! Makes me wish there were more hours in the day...

      Your outdoor space is very beautiful and inviting! It is one of the first things I noticed about your school!

      Can't wait to begin our outdoor transformation!

      Delete
  3. My vice principal came into my room excited about a cool yard- Bond Lake. I've seen the plans but I'm wondering if the above photos are actually photos of your current school yard or part of the plans in progress.
    Angie Harrison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie,

      The photos above are strictly from the Canada Blooms show. We are working on our outdoor transformation, and have been inspired by a few of the items we saw. For instance we will have an outdoor chalkboard, sandbox, musical instruments, etc.

      Looking forward to it!

      Still lots to do,

      Joanne

      Delete

@joannebabalis