Colourful Inspiration

Colour Experiment
This picture was emailed to me from Maureen of the
StrongStart Blog.

I recently posted about a colour inquiry that our class has become involved in.  I was hoping to find other classrooms or preschool programs that are investigating something similar!

Tonight I am writing about some ideas that were sent to me from Maureen about children experimenting with colours from her blog StrongStart.



Here are a few posts that she recommended as starting points for exploration of colour:

Turntable Fun

Non-Messy Cooperative Painting

Faux Stained Glass

Drip & Twist Painting

Colour Walk


If you would like to share any ideas about your colour explorations, please post a comment below or email me your photos.  We can inspire each other!!

Have a colourful evening!

Share your thoughts :

  1. Good morning Joanne,

    We too did a colour inquiry. It all started when we noticed the children drawing rainbows everywhere. I read them "Sky Colour" and we did an experiment with milk, dish soap and food colouring. Our colour inquiry took off from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thank you for your comment! We haven't tried that experiment yet, but maybe will this week!

    Thank you for the idea!

    Our students are fascinated by rainbows too. I also love the book "Sky Colour."

    I will post some pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis