Environmental inquiry: How our new outdoor space supports teaching and learning

Enjoy our latest video about one of our Environmental Inquiries from this school year:


Please consider leaving us a comment below!

Share your thoughts :

  1. Wow! What a wonderful way to document and share your inquiries. I LOVE the outdoor space in front of your school. How did your school acquire the new sod and trees? My own school is interested in creating an outdoor 'classroom' and we are trying to figure out how to get large trees, logs or large rocks for seating, etc.
    Also, how did you create this presentation? At first I thought it was PowerPoint, but I have never seen transitions, fonts or backgrounds as used in your display? What is your secret for creating such beautiful work?
    Although I don't teach kindergarten, you should know that you inspire me (and I am sure many many other readers of your journey) to look at my own teaching and my Grade 2 & 3 students' learning and thinking more closely, in an inquiry-based learning envirnment. I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!
    Anna, TDSB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that was truly inspiring. We have been starting our day outdoors and have found all kinds of questions arise and imaginative play. We also feel we continually need to convince others of its value!! This will help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your transformation of the outdoor play space. I also enjoyed the layering of quotes and sentiments with photos of the children engaged in outdoor play. Truly inspiring and beautiful. You have a fan in Brisbane, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. here in the post, thank you for sharing. Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed a lot reading this post keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

  9. This is a very interesting article. Please, share more like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this effort, I will give you 5 stars for this. Kindly check the link below Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis