Here are a few updates that might interest or pertain to you:
- Are you looking for a volunteer experience within our classroom?
If you would like the opportunity to volunteer within our classroom this school year, we would love to have you!
-Teacher candidates/ECE students
-New teacher/ECE graduates
-Teachers/DECE's on a leave
-Parents/grandparents of our students
-Graduate students (MEd and PhD)
What would an experience in our classroom be like?
Our volunteers will have the chance to learn from and with us. They may choose to support play-based learning, read with our youngest learners, or try their own inquiry/project. We will be here to guide and teach our volunteers about documentation, planning, and Full-Day Kindergarten.
Contact me, Joanne Babalis at email@example.com after you have completed your police check.
The emails for CTI continue to flood my inbox! Perhaps many of our blog followers were away for the summer, and as such, I would like to provide them with a fair opportunity to apply. I have extended the applications until Friday, September 6th, 2013. All applicants will be able to engage in our online discussions, and our small Face2Face group (wish I could take you all!) will be contacted by Sunday, September 8th.
CTI will begin on Thursday, September 19th, 2013. A time and location (for both online and F2F participants) will be announced on the blog next week.
- Are you taking the Kindergarten AQ course that begins September 24th, 2013 at my school?
I am looking forward to instructing York University's Kindergarten AQ course beginning on Tuesday, September 24th, 2013. Though I posted that York was able to squeeze in a few more registrations, I have been notified that this wasn't the case online and that it's full. We can register only four more students, and the best way to do so is to try online registration again (this coming week) or to contact me directly. The K AQ will be a wonderful opportunity to learn together each week, and see how our classroom environment evolves over the first few months of school. I simply cannot wait! :)
I will continue to teach for York University throughout the school year. Keep checking the York University Education website for when you can apply:
- Fall (September-December) Kindergarten Part 1
- Winter (December to March) Kindergarten Part 2
- Spring (April-June) Kindergarten Part 1 and Kindergarten Specialist as a combined class *Specialist students will have leadership opportunities throughout the course by supporting some of the learning of the Part 1 students
- Summer (July or August) TBD (possibly an online and Face2Face option)
All photographs have been captured
after this year's classroom setup: August 2013.